Monday, September 28, 2015

Seeking...reality-ish

I made it to Long Beach yesterday!
Long journey to be made alone, but it wasn't too bad.  I had good music to hold my hand.
The last leg of the trip through the desert was difficult.  Moira (my Subaru) did not like it.  We stopped for gas near the Nevada/Cali border, and she refused to start again.  Luckily the gas station was very busy and a couple girls next to me came over and offered a jump start.  We realized their battery was in the back of their car and inaccessible, but they lent me their jumper cables, and a guy in a different car was able to jump-start Miss Moira.  Ahh, gratitude.

I made it to the home, where I was welcomed warmly, and I settled in quickly to my room. 

We went to the "Dog Beach" last night, where we saw lots of people and dogs, ate ice cream, and got to view the first half of the eclipse.  
Is this real life?
Maybe reality will sink in soon. I'm trying to appreciate every moment.  I have definitely not "landed" yet.  Floating for now.


Here is a Cali collage for you.  It includes a bit of the sunset from last night in the parking lot of the beach, some of the beautiful foliage in the area, the guava tree behind the house, and my lovely lavender latte from a coffeehouse down the street this morning...

Hopefully my next post will be more grounded, eloquent, and entertaining, but for now... I'm just me <3

2 comments:

  1. You just do you. No one here to impress, we're along for the ride. I like the addition of the pictures. The car situation must have been really really scary! but you got through it. My rebel heart is with you! LOVE YOU !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mel...we're just along for the ride. Love you girl....

    ReplyDelete