Well, hello there!
Midterms were last week. I'm still very tired and trying not to be burned out! Over all, I believe I did well. I was very happy with myself, but still see much room for improvement, of course.
It got pretty emotional at the end of the week because it was sooo much.
There's 2 classes in which our levels (beginner/advanced) are mixed, and I struggle to tease apart if the classes are too advanced for where I'm at in my dance education, or if I just need to try harder. I had been trying harder, and trying to believe in myself more, and still came up short.
Ahh, acceptance of who I am, and recognizing that I am enough, in every moment, because who I am in each moment is all I've got!! Maybe it sounds cliche...but it's so true.
I'm including some videos I was able to take from my midterms. In most of the videos, I am improvising dance moves before and after the actual choreography that we learned (it's required, AND it's fun...).
Hip-Hop Dance for Midterm, but this is my class while we were still learning it:
My Jazz Midterm:
My Contemporary Midterm:
A Long-Beach-in-the-fall Collage (pics taken Sunday 11/8/15):
Anyway! I'm still feeling very spacey and scattered from last week. Hopefully I will be able to ground myself and re-focus soon!
LOVELOVELOVE,
Shannon

I can't watch the videos!! ��
ReplyDeleteAww... I just double-checked, and they are working on my end. I use Chrome to access; maybe it's that? I'm sorry :/ I hope its gets sorted out somehow!
DeleteI love you and miss you so much Shannon. These videos are making me cry!:) You are so awesome, amazing, beautiful, and most important, inspirational. Seeing you chasing your dreams, drives me to unconditionally chasing mine, the only limits in life are the ones we place on ourselves. I love you, continue to kick ass as I know you will:)
DeleteThanks, Hannie <3 I love you, too!!! I appreciate your feedback SO much :D
Delete