Writing in my journal is always helpful. I thought it would be helpful to share this clip with you. I do have some friends here. lol. But, I am missing faces that I've known for longer than 2 months.
Last week was hard. Because being an adult is hard. Those expectations do not go on hold for following dreams. I still have to pay bills, clean up after myself, pull myself out of bed in the morning, feed myself, and so on. Money is a difficult one across the board, even in dreamland. I was getting pretty nervous about finances. And finances are such a taboo thing to talk about! So, I kept it to myself, and ended up feeling (you guessed it!) alone.
Then, I broke down and texted some friends that I knew could relate without wallowing. I knew I had to reach out. It's crippling to keep those worries to myself! And things started changing immediately! One wonderfully amazing friend gave me the gift of work shoes (which I needed for my NEW JOB, but I didn't have the dang money for!). I got a call that day that the small loan I applied for was approved. (Yay!) The next day, a last paycheck from Colorado arrived in the mail.
Crazy stuff.
So, I did get a job last week. I will be working for a catering company, hopefully some nights and all weekends. This is exciting. I had orientation last week, so I already started making money, lol!
Here is a collage of cool things in the area (all pics taken in the last week):
Dance is still great. I've also had to re-navigate some of my personal priorities in terms of school. Last week I skipped some classes. Most of you know that is NOT something I do. I highly value attendance AND I'm paying for the program so I don't want to waste that time! But, I had to put my own survival, as well as mental health first.
This week feels MUCH more stable, and once again, I'm believing that things are possible. I am capable.
I love you guys!
For the grand finale of this blog post, I'm including a link to my Dance Reel that I had to make for my Business for Dancers class. Enjoy! (and the song kicks serious butt, too!)
https://youtu.be/yWIrDEdbVsY
(I would have loaded the video like usual, but I guess it was too big this time!)


I am so excited for you and your new adventure. I remember many of our nights out dancing and it has always been a love of yours. Also, that video is BOMB. Way to go, girl!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! :D
Delete