Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Seeking... patience and gentleness

So, today was a rough day.

All of those deep self-doubts rose to the surface and threw my game off in my classes.
It had me questioning whether I should be here, and how could I finish this program "when I am so bad?"

Ugh!

Those thoughts are never fun.  But, it's a choice to believe the negative automatic thoughts.  I choose to power through (and NOT believe those things!).  Powering through is easier said than done.  I had to call in the big guns...Or just make a much-needed phone call to one of my best friends who lives on the opposite side of the country <3  Needless to say, I feel much better than I did earlier!

Tomorrow will be a good day and I will just keep working to become harder, better, faster, stronger (Daft Punk reference! Yeah!).

Yesterday was a good day.  I have included a video of my hip hop class from yesterday!  I think I did really well on the choreography (besides messing up on the ending...) AND I'm pretty much in the middle in the video, so enjoy.



Last week was a good week.  There's too much to break it down into details, but I do have a couple collages for you!

The first one is another dancer from the program.  We're being encouraged to work on our "looks" and come to class "audition ready" so we took a trip to MAC cosmetics... And this particular dancer had NO experience whatsoever with makeup SO I had to do a before/during/after collage :D  

I have some really amazing ladies in my program.  I'm very lucky to learn their stories, as well as witness their growth as we continue this dance journey!





2 comments:

  1. Dearest Shannon, for the record, you are your own big guns. ( encouraging statement also serving as a perfect setup for cheesy joke...) Now which way is the gun show? ;)

    ReplyDelete