Sunday, October 25, 2015

Seeking...RAWR!

Goodness.
I have been busy!  Tomorrow begins the 4th week of the dance program.
I have readings to do, and choreography to hone, and choreography to create.
Not too shabby.
It's stressful and I get overwhelmed at times.  Then, I remember how amazing it is to dance, as homework. 
I still get discouraged in class sometimes.  But, I am getting more comfortable asking questions, and working on technique and combinations during every ounce of "downtime" in class.  I work on my balance as I wait for the metro (train).  I create choreography as I go to sleep and as I wake up in the morning.  I accept that I am not as advanced as some of the other ladies in the program.  And I keep going!  I WANT to try.  I WANT to get better.  Not for others.  For myself.  <3

I'm including another video from my Hip Hop class.  I am on the right.  The choreography is to a Prince song.  It's pretty wonderful.  lol


And here is my Hip Hop outfit from that day.  Our instructor likes to encourage us to "release the tiger!" so my dress has a wildcat on it.  One of my goals for this program truly IS to release my inner wildcat.  I want to be unapologetically wild, and free to let me be me.  To the fullest extent.  
It's beginning.  


Another thing going on this past week was a quest for head-shots.  For my Business for Dancers class, we have to turn in head-shots, dance resumes, cover letters, and dance bios as part of our mid-term.  Sooo, I attended 2 photoshoots this week.  My classmate is a photographer in her other life, in Norway.  We did a test shoot on Monday to check what the instructor specifically wanted.  Today, we had the "real shoot".  Please enjoy the collage of the events.  We had fun.  Maybe too much... :D


I hope you enjoyed!
I gotta go dance now.

LOVELOVELOVE,
Shannon


2 comments:

  1. Love the video! Congrats on "releasing your tiger", although I feel like that is something that comes very natural to you. Keep up the blogs - I love seeing your progress from afar and it makes me even more excited to have you back at the studio with a new understanding of what it is we do (WE now being inclusive of YOU Ms. Dancer Lady)!:) Everyone misses you here at MAD. Continue exploring new things and finding parts of yourself that you didn't know existed. We are behind you 100%

    ReplyDelete