Monday, October 5, 2015

Seeking...immersion!

Well, today was my first day of class (and actually it was Ballet, then Contemporary--not Jazz, as I originally wrote).

I had so much fun!
I was challenged, but felt capable.  I was not the best.  I was not the worst.  The whole group is so supportive!
I will be so sore by the end of this week. 
Bring it on!
One instructor referred to how bangin' our "Christmas bodies" will be at the end of this program.  Sounds good to me. lol

Near the end of the Contemporary class, I was feeling pretty self-conscious.  The class was broken into thirds, and each group took turns performing the choreography for the rest of the class.  My group went first.  I noticed my nervousness and self-consciousness, then I specifically decided to just try and have fun, too.  It made such a difference.  The atmosphere is great with this group of females so far.  Each of us is there for our individual reasons, with our own dance background or lack thereof... No one is there is judge.  We are not in competition.  We can just accept and support each other.  It's absolutely lovely.

Here is a pic of me and a classmate after classes:
She indulged my cheesiness in wanting a "selfie" of this day. :D

*******************

OH, hey!  Bonus!  Here is a collage of my Sunday brunch adventures in West Hollywood with the magnificent family I am staying with:



No comments:

Post a Comment